17 Must Have Cookie Recipes

My family loves cookies! For them it’s easy to grab and go and for me it’s easy to put into Cory’s lunches during the summer. He eats at home most days but there are a few days that I have to pack a lunch for. Cookies are a must, especially when one of the boys gets to go and has to have a packed lunch. It’s kind of the bribery to get my husband to take one of the boys through lunch. The boys are ready to go regardless, but sometimes Cory needs a little extra incentive. I have my normal stand by chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal raisin but sometimes I am looking for something a little different.

To find things a little different I asked my blogging friends for their recipes and below are the 17 cookie recipes I received. I can see a lot of baking in my future the next couple weeks as I give them all a try. I will be interested to see which cookies freeze well. Yes I freeze cookies and almost always have a batch or two in the freezer. They are the perfect go to item to grab from the freezer along with Creamy Green Chili Chicken Burritos. It’s nice to be able to grab them out to take to a friend who is having a bad day, heaven forbid for when a death has occurred or when a group of moms is getting together at the park and I need something to contribute.

Cookie flavors like Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies, Oatmeal Cherry Cookies and Snickerdoodles will all be a hit and I imagine will hold up well in the freezer.

17 Must Have Cookie Recipes

Nutella Gem Cookies

Oatmeal Cherry Cookies

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwiches

Best Ever Soft Brown Sugar Cookies

Comments

Addi says:

My 2 boys love helping be cook and bake. Thanks for providing a great list for us to choose from!

I love making cookies with the kids because it’s guaranteed that they can help at any age.

Lauryn says:

These ALL look delicious! I love baking cookies. I can’t wait to try the Strawberry Shortcake ones, I have been searching for a good strawberry cookie! Thanks for linking up to Motivation Monday!

Miz Helen says:

This is a great collection of cookies. Your recipe is fabulous and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

This is a great collection! Thanks for sharing :-)

Linda-
      There are so many great ideas with everyone’s creativity on this list it makes it hard to pick just one. Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by!

angie says:

these sound so delicious oh my so many to choose from what a great variety
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Angie-
      All the cookies do sound delicious. I love the Red Velvet Crinkle cookies because they are easy but I must try the Snickerdoodle ones. There is just something about cinnamon topped cookies that makes me smile. Enjoy!

Amiyrah says:

Thanks so much for including my strawberry cookies!

Amiyrah-
      Thank you for sharing them with us. They look delicious and simple which is always a hit. I bet they are super moist as well!

Gena says:

Yum! These look fantastic!

Gena-
      It’s enough recipes to keep the oven baking for awhile that is for sure. So many delicious recipes I can’t wait to try them all!

Laura says:

You had my attention at the word “Cookie” and sold with “S’mores” :)

Love homemade cookies. They are so much better tasting, and easy to make!

I agree that homemade cookies taste better Laura. It’s almost like I can taste the “love” that went into making them. An easy cookie recipe is a must!

Erica says:

Oooh, smores cookies sounds good!

Lena says:

My daughter probably would have to make a new batch every day

Lena-
      Sounds like some good quality time together. Cooking builds so many life skills. The neighbors need cookie gifts with all your daughters baking, right?

keely hostetter says:

Yum, my kids love making cookies. The Nutella Gem Cookies sound really good.

Sandy VanHoey says:

I just checked out the snickerdoodles, my daughters favorite. I have to make these for her since she buys hers from the store. I appreciate you sharing with us…thank you

Sandy-
      Homemade Snickerdoodles are much better. Keep them soft with a piece of bread in a ziploc bag (or however you store them). That is always one of my hardest things with Snickerdoodles is keeping them soft but have found that the bread works great.

Cecile says:

Great recipes – I definitely want to try the smores!

Thanks so much for sharing my cookie recipe! Off to check out the others.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Stocking Stuffers Small Treat So Slip In Your Mailbox For The Postal Staff Attach To Plates Of Cookies As Your To & From Tags Use As Gift Tags For All Your Gifts Children’s Classroom Party [...]

2. [...] for more delicious cookie recipes?  Check out these 17 Must Have Cookie Recipes that are aimed to [...]

3. [...] more awesome recipes check out 17 awesome cookie recipes, 24 crock pot recipes and strawberry cream cheese crescent [...]

4. [...] #4 – 17 Must Have Cookie Recipes from Farmers Wife Rambles [...]