Phone Dump Friday – 1600 Quilt Tops

Welcome to Phone Dump Friday.  I will be “dumping” my phone each Friday (or so I hope!) to give you a closer look into my crazy life with my two boys.  This week I am showing off two my my new quilt tops I have finally finished.  These are called the 1600 Quilt and have become very popular among beginning quilters like myself.  They are so simple to do and if you use a Jelly Roll by Moda like I did a top can be finished in a day (you know the one without interruptions, haha).

1600 Quilt Tops

1600 Quilt Top 1 WM 1600 Quilt Top 2 WM

PS… Check out more Phone Dump Friday’s to learn more about my family.

Comments

Sandy VanHoey says:

I am so envious! I have always wanted to learn quilting but nobody to ever show me how. These turned out excellent.

Sandy-
      I took a local class and made a table runner. From there I have scoured the internet for tutorials and youtube videos are very helpful! I purchased my sewing machine used from a vacuum shop of all places. It’s been a wonderful experience and I am getting better with each project I work on. Good luck!

Emily says:

I want to make a quilt one day! It looks so intimidating to me.

These are very pretty.

Debbie-
      Thank you! I am a new quilter so it’s been a learning process for me for sure. I liked these quilts because they were easy to hide any mistakes.

I’ve always been fascinated by quilting but haven’t tried it yet… both of these look great!

Cecile says:

How fun! I love quilting but I have never tried using the Jelly Roll packs.

I love working with the Jelly Rolls because they eliminate the cutting. It’s my lazy way of cutting Cecile! Thank you for stopping by!