Sinfully Delicious Homemade Whip Cream

Sinfully Delicious Homemade Whip Cream

Homemade Whip Cream

It’s take me longer than I care to admit to actually publish this post because I have struggled with what to actually write about homemade whip cream.  I mean really it’s whip cream.

3 simple ingredients.

I always have a batch of it made up in my fridge because we use it a lot in our house but that doesn’t mean I have a ton to say about it.

I make my own whip cream because it’s super simple to make, only requires 3 ingredients and the flavor can be changed with ease.  My standby is vanilla but if I actually remember to do a little planning we could end up with almond, orange or lemon.  Perfect toppers for a variety of goodies like Mint Oreo Hot Cocoa, Homemade Pancakes, Easy Crock Pot Apple Pie Crumble or give your Spiced Rum Pumpkin Pie Coffee a dollop.

So let’s get on with making our Homemade Whip Cream already because I know it’s going to become a staple in your fridge as well.

I can offer this little piece of advice though, be careful how long you whip this homemade whip cream mixture, it will eventually turn into butter.  When you set the Kitchenaid to work and walk away…well your guests could quickly be eating strawberries and butter (ask me I know).

Homemade Whip Cream

Ingredients

• 1 pint whipping cream
  • 3-4 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla or desired flavoring

Directions

1. Combine whipping cream and sugar in a glass or metal bowl. Beat on high until whipping cream starts to stiffen.
  2. Add vanilla (or desired extract flavor) and incorporate well in the last 20 - 30 seconds of whipping.

Notes

Don't over beat or you will end up with butter...ask me from experience. :0

Have you ever made your own whip cream before?  What are your favorite flavors of whip cream?  What would you love to have topped with Homemade Whip Cream?

Comments

Dragonfire says:

I add softened cream cheese to my whipped cream for stiffness and staying power. Add 4oz cream cheese per 8oz whipping cream. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low, then beat the whipping cream in a separate bowl on high. Add sugar to the whipping cream to taste, then slowly beat in cream cheese. It helps to chill the whipping cream, beaters and bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes to keep the cream from turning into butter when you beat it.
    This would probably be a good frosting for a cake, so long as you refrigerate any leftovers.

Dana says:

Is this homemade whipped cream good to use as a frosting on a cake? Thanks!

Dana- You could use this as an icing on a cake. That being said it will not hold up well sitting in the heat. You can make your whip cream stiffer than cool whip as you beat it but it certainly won’t be as stable as icing.

Dana- This whip cream would make a great icing recipe but keep in mind it will not hold up in the heat. It will be stiffer than cool whip but still not as stable as icing.

Aunt Bee says:

Looks so delicious! We love homemade whipped cream with strawberries!!! Yummy!

Rosie says:

I would love to try this with some peppermint extract I have from Nunaturals, and put dollops of peppermint whipped cream over homemade chocolate pudding!! Yum!

I absolutely love a good homemade whipped cream with fresh sliced strawberries!!! I have to say, the first time I had lemon whipped cream, I was at a friend’s house, and her husband ran in the kitchen to make some. I think we had Cheesecake Factory take-out for dinner and he wanted more whipped cream on his dessert. Anyhow, when he said he put lemon juice in it, I thought uh oh! I assumed it would either curdle or quickly liquefy, but it held up just fine. I was very surprised by that. :) [#PinItThurs]

Julie Wood says:

I just love Homemade whipped cream like this because it tastes so much better than Cool Whip and it really makes my desserts taste so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Linda Bradshaw says:

Wow, super easy and not many ingredients. Now this is awesome.

Gail says:

Exactly how I make it except now I sub Splenda for a diabetic in my house it works

amie says:

I do this except I use powdered sugar in place of granulated, it is so much better than any store bought!!!

Amie-
      I have never heard of using powdered sugar. I will have to try that our next batch it would add in a different “sweet” taste I bet. Thank you for the idea!

• 2.1.1
        Amie says:

Oh and it would depend on your taste, but I add less sugar, about 2 teaspoons normally because powdered sugar does taste a little sweeter to me.

Savannah says:

you know, i’ve never thought to try making whipped cream. i’ll have to give it a shot! thanks for linking up with my busy at home link-up. :)

Thank you for stopping by Savannah. We love making our own and flavoring it according to the weeks desserts.