Fresh baked lemon pie is always a great treat, but for those days you have no time or patience for baking, or want to prep something ahead of time, strawberry lemonade pie dip is just the thing. All you need are three simple ingredients to serve up this lip smacking strawberry lemonade treat that is great for after school or Sunday brunch!
Strawberry Lemonade Pie Dip
- 2 large lemons, for juicing ½ cup lemon juice
- 1- 16 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, any brand
- 3 oz package Strawberry gelatin
- Animal crackers, graham crackers or shortbread for dipping (optional)
- Clean and slice lemons in half. In order to retain lemon hulls for serving, use a lemon squeezer that is not going to misshapen your lemon halves. Juice both lemons and strain well to get half a cup of lemon juice. A little less or more is fine.
- Combine the entire can of sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and a quarter of the strawberry gelatin powder in a medium bowl. Mix well, till liquid contents are no longer separated.
- Place dip in a covered container and chill for two hours. If you want to serve up in lemon halves, take this time to clean out lemon flesh using a spoon. Use a knife to cut off the very tip of the rounded end of your lemon halves so that they stand up on their own.
- Spoon chilled strawberry lemon pie dip into lemon halves or small bowls. Enjoy with simple animal crackers, graham cracker sticks or even shortbread cookies. Leftover dip can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
In search of more dip recipes? What about one of these?