School is starting in this area and that means that I am on the hunt for easy after school snacks just like these Ranch Cheeze-Its. We have started a snack box that I have filled with 100-150 calorie packs. The boys know that they can grab one ready made treat bag and one piece of fruit. These Ranch Cheeze-Its make for the perfect after school snack because they are clean to eat (we spend a lot of time in the car), bake up a large batch quickly and the boys can have about 20 crackers with their piece of fruit.
Ranch Cheeze-Its Recipe ~ Perfect After School Snack
- 3/4-1 cup vegetable oil varies according to box size
- 1 packet or 3 Tbsp Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 13.7 - 16-oz box Cheese-It crackers
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine vegetable oil and dry Ranch Seasoning Mix in large bowl.
- Add the box of Cheese-Its to the your Ranch/Oil mixture. Make sure to mix well so that all Cheeze-Its are covered.
- Spread crackers out on cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
Other After School Snack Ideas
Honey Cinnamon Glazed Bananas
Applesauce or fruit purees and serve them in these re-usable food pouches
Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
Fruit Dip with Apples or Strawberries
Fresh Salsa & Chips
Dried Fruit & Veggies