Ever since I was a kid, I was a huge fan of the classic Peanuts movies! I used to watch every single movie that was available during the holiday season. Although my kids love the older classic Peanuts movies and episodes, they’re super excited about The Peanuts Movie that is out theaters as of November 6th, 2015 . We’re all excited about it mostly because of Snoopy! He’s always been a great character and I can’t wait to see him in this new movie. Yes, the kids are super duper excited about it too.
In honor of The Peanuts Movie (see The Peanuts Movie trailer), I have been looking for ways to feed our whole gang in a hurry so we can be at the movie on time. As you know, our gang grew by one more this summer, so there are five mouths to feed now. Whenever I’m looking to feed the family, I head to Sam’s Club and pick up their 3lb bag of Tyson® chicken. I know my family is going to get fed well and they will also enjoy the health benefits of eating the chicken. Did you know there are 15 grams of protein in each serving? It’s hard to say no to something that delicious that’s packed with protein. It’s easy finger food that the whole family will love, with very easy prep.
I hope you enjoy the Mexican Pizza recipe I’ve picked out to show you. As you know, cooking is one of my major passions and I get excited to share easy and fun recipes with you. Going to Sam’s Club and picking out Tyson® chicken is seriously easy and I know you’ll be successful at making the rest of this recipe as well.
Kid Friendly Mexican Pizza
- 4-5 Tyson Chicken Strips
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 2 Roma (Plum) Tomatoes, Diced
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- ½ Bell Pepper (color of your choice, I had yellow)
- A few sprigs each Cilantro and Parsley, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil for Drizzling
- 1 Cup Fiesta Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 Pizza Dough Ball, store bought or homemade
- Taco Seasoning Blend:
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Cook the Tyson chicken strips according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 425
- Stretch the pizza dough out to fit on a cookie sheet or pizza pan (14 inch)
- Spread a thin layer of the refried beans on top of the dough
- Mix all the seasonings together in a small dish and sprinkle half over the beans
- Combine the veggies, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt & pepper in a bowl to create the salsa
- Evenly distribute over the pizza dough
- Cut chicken into pieces and toss with the remaining taco seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil
- Top the pizza with the chicken and cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole!
Now, enjoy making this Mexican Pizza and get out to see the The Peanuts Movie. When it comes to this new movie, who’s your favorite character? Now it’s time to Get Peanutized with the new Peanuts movie. I can’t wait to see this movie and I know a lot of you can’t either.
This Mexican Pizza recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.