Do you need something fun to do with the kiddos? I have the perfect solution! Cotton Candy Scented Playdough! My kids have always been overly excited about playdough and I love them for that. First of all, this recipe for playdough is super easy, which makes my life that much easier. And the kids also enjoyed playing with it.
I think playdough takes us back to a simpler time in life when we don’t have to worry about all the hard stuff. Sometimes even I sit down and play with them using playdough. I think it’s a great stress reliever for adults and an awesome way for kids to build up their fine motor skills.
I promise this tutorial is super easy. And it’s also one of this DIY things where you have all of the materials you need. Let’s get started shall we?
Cotton Candy Scented Recipe For Playdough
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of table salt
- 1 cup water warm water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring
- 2-3 drops of blue food coloring
- 1 packet of cotton candy frosting flavoring (sold in the baking supply aisle, about $1 each)
- 1 tablespoon of white craft glitter
- In your mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, water, oil, and cream of tartar. Mix well until a soft dough begins to form.
- Check the texture of your dough. If it is too sticky, add a little flour. If it is too dry, add a little more oil.
- Divide the dough in half so you have two separate portions of it.
- To the first half, add 2-3 drops of red food coloring to your dough and knead well. Continue to knead until the color is well dispersed.
- To the second half, add 2-3 drops of blue food coloring to your dough and knead well. To this portion, you will also add the packet of cotton candy frosting flavoring. Continue to knead until the color is well dispersed.
- Roll each set of dough into a ball and then sprinkle well with the crafting glitter.
- You can now roll the two dough balls together to form the pink and blue swirl shape.
You might also like these other craft ideas to do with kids!