Another winner has been found in our house. I have made this cake twice to perfect it for you, as much perfection as three ingredients needs, and it doesn’t last long. Eaten directly out of the oven is really the best, served hot with a cold glass of milk. Man did I really want some vanilla bean ice cream I could just see the ice cream melting and running down the sides of this hot cake. Like cherry cobbler but a lot less ingredients. Lip smacking good I assure you.
The one downfall to this cake is the baking time. It seems to take forever and you start smelling the cake baking at minute 21. By the time the cake comes out of the oven you don’t care how hot it is you just MUST have a bite! Fork tongs burning your taste buds off.
My second round I made a cinnamon roll icing to have for the individual pieces of cake but I must say I won’t be doing that again. This Cherry Dump Cake was best served warm and as is. Hard to mess with simple half homemade perfection!
Cherry Dump Cake Cast
1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 21 oz Can Cherry Pie Filling
1 Cup Melted Butter
Cherry Dump Cake Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spray 9×13 cake pan with PAM.
4. Pour your melted butter over the top of your cherries.
5. Pour your cake mix powder over the top of the butter.
6. I gave it a little mix withing the pan to get the butter and cake mix soaked up together. The first time I made this I didn’t give it a real good mix and some of the cake mix stayed as powder. I have to admit that our family liked it better layered without mixing but for appearance look I would give it a little mix till things are moistened.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-60 minutes.
8. Stand at the stove with fork in hand to taste test!