Ingredients For Chicken, Ham Or Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
4 large round firm tomatoes
3 cans of tuna, ham, salmon, or chicken (I used Tuna)
1/2 cup mayo
2 stalks of celery diced
1 small diced onion
1 tablespoon relish flavor of choice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions For Chicken, Ham Or Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
1. Choose large, round, firm, and even-sized tomatoes.
2. Cut off the top of the tomato. Create a cross in the center of the tomato that goes almost to the bottom and does not cut the sides.
3. Using a grapefruit spoon or a serving spoon, hollow out as much of the juicy pulp and seeds as possible, If you have a use for the tomato insides then keep them otherwise feel free to compost them or throw them away.
4. Lightly salt the insides of the tomato shells turn them upside down and place them on several layers of paper towels. Set them aside, to drain, about 20 minutes.
5. While the Tomatoes are draining mix the cans of meat, the mayo, the relish, the celery, onion, and garlic powder. Feel free to play with the recipe there are so many yummy ways to make this.
6. Salt and pepper the salad to taste.
7. Using a spoon place the salad into the tomato and press firmly down to make sure that it is evenly stuffed. Be careful not to break the skin.
Garnishment Ideas For Chicken, Ham Or Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Place some lettuce leaves into the tomato before stuffing them. Top the tomato with paprika or cheese for flavor and/or color. Use small tomatoes for appetizers. Place the top of the Tomato on top of the salad.
About The Author Of Chicken, Ham Or Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Kat is a student who is almost finished with two separate college degrees and a US military wife. Kat also Celiac and have became a large supporter of Celiac awareness. You can find her supporting Celiac awareness at Kit Kat Plus Celiac.