When you have a crowd coming over sometimes you are looking for something a little more than the usual chips and dip for an appetizer. Cranberry Chutney & Goat Cheese sounds sophisticated to me but is so easy to make! When I have people coming over I need easy. I always go way overboard and am scrambling at the last minute to actually get it all pulled off. Appetizers like this make pulling a function off easier.
* 1shallot, finely chopped, or 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
* 1teaspoon vegetable oil
* 1can (14 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
* 1/4cup golden raisins or raisins
* 1tablespoon orange juice
* 1/8teaspoon salt
* 1log (10.5 oz.) plain goat cheese
* Keebler® Town House® Original Crackers
1. In small skillet cook shallot in oil over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until soft.
2. Stir in cranberry sauce, raisins, orange juice and salt. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring frequently.
3. Place goat cheese on serving platter. Pour warm cranberry mixture over top. Serve with Keebler®Town House® Original Crackers.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups cranberry mixture plus 10.5 oz. goat cheese; 13 servings; (1 serving = 4 crackers plus scant 2 tablespoons cranberry mixture plus .8 oz. cheese)
Looking for more finger food recipes? Try crackers with yogurt and fruit. A true kid pleaser!
*Thank you to a partnership with Snackpicks for this recipe.*