Homemade Coffee Creamer
Coffee is my pick me up in the morning. Not because of the caffeine I actually brew decaf but because I LOVE the flavor. Not so much of the coffee but of the mixture of coffee and creamer together. Dreamy hazelnut, mint to awaken the senses, chocolate as dessert. The possibilities are endless especially if you take the two minutes it takes to make your own.
Yes I said make your own rather than hope for a sale so you can stock up on 10 bottles at once. Your family can go without milk for a couple of weeks because your out of room in the fridge right? Maybe that’s just me. Yea pretty sure it’s just me, someone please tell me it’s not just me.
My kiddos are learning that it’s best not to talk to mommy until she has had at least a few sips of coffee. The morning just runs much smoother if I get I have that few minutes to myself standing at the kitchen counter pretending the children don’t see me. Rejoicing in the awakening of the senses that fresh brewed coffee does for me.
Homemade coffee creamer needs two base ingredients which makes a basic sweet cream flavor, and I store mine in a water bottle with a pour spout. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done right. Add flavorings to get your favorite flavor.
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz. white milk (I prefer whole but you can lighten it up with 2%, 1% or even skim milk)
- **You can substitute sugar-free versions for your own dietary needs.
- Get a water bottle out that holds approximately 30 ounces.
- Pour your 14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk into your water bottle and half your milk in. Give this a gentle shake.
- **If you pour in all the milk at once your not going to have a lot of room for mixing.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and give another gentle shake.
- Kick your feet up with a cup of steamy hot coffee and homemade creamer. Delicious!
Homemade Coffee Creamer Flavor Variations
Chocolate Almond (My Favorite)
Combine one batch of base cream, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of dutch process cocoa and 1/2 tablespoon of almond extract in a saucepan. Heat on medium heat and whisk until ingredients are combined. Pour into your storage container.
Combine one batch of base cream, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of dutch process cocoa and 1/4 tablespoon of mint extract in a saucepan. Heat on medium heat and whisk until ingredients are combined. Pour into your storage container.
Hazelnut Homemade Coffee Creamer
Combine one batch of base cream using above recipe. Add 1-2 teaspoons of hazelnut extract and give another gently shake.
**Please take note that extracts vary greatly in intensity level and I recommend starting the the amounts I have listed above. Then adjust per your taste buds.
The possibilities are endless really for what you can make. Restaurant supply stores or Amazon sell tons of different extract flavors. With a little trial and error you will find that you love homemade creamer more than any store bought creamer and like I said SIMPLE.