Homemade pancakes are a Sunday tradition in our house and have been most of my life. While growing up they were my dad’s specialty (as in the only thing he knew how to cook) so we ate a lot of them. As I brought the Sunday tradition into our own house homemade is the only way to go. The blue bag or yellow box doesn’t make the memories any less but it’s one more thing to remember to add to my list. The ingredients for pancakes are things that I always have on hand so it’s just easier to make my own.
Homemade Pancake Ingredients
3/4 c milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 – 2 teaspoons vanilla
1 -2 cups chocolate chips, sliced strawberries, diced apples or other fillings (optional)
Homemade Pancake Directions
1. Mix egg, milk, oil and vanilla together.
2. Add in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
3. Add in your optional ingredients if you would like any.
4. Preheat your griddle and spray with cooking spray.
5. Flip when the edges appear cooked and the batter begins to bubble.
6. Enjoy 🙂
Pingback: Tip Tuesday: Blender Pancakes - Farmer's Wife Rambles on February 11, 2012
Pingback: 24 Awesome Father's Day Ideas - Farmer's Wife Rambles on February 11, 2012
Pingback: Cheater Cinnamon Rolls In Less Than 20 Minutes on February 11, 2012