If we’re being honest here, sometimes it’s nice to break outside of the ordinary and have a dessert or snack prepared that not everyone has had before. Are you ready to see what creative measures I have taken for this fun Halloween Snack with the help of #CollectiveBias and Fanta?
My kids, husband, and I are all huge Fanta lovers and we are headed to a Halloween party at the end of the month. I knew this was the perfect time to try something new to be showed off as non-scary #Spookysnacks. I wanted to break out from the ordinary and so of course I practiced this new Fanta Orange Poppy Seed Bundt Cake recipe out on my family before the big party. The trick here is that I made this bundt cake and the glaze with Fanta orange soda and it was a hit! The family is salivating until I make another one for the party.
I loved this idea for a recipe because while it was still orange, it was definitely out of the ordinary and I was able to get all the ingredients I needed at my local Walmart. It will give the guests something incredible to try, while incorporating a family favorite product. In my opinion, this makes the perfect Halloween Snack on so many levels.
Orange Poppyseed Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 cup Orange Fanta Soda Pop
- 1 cup vegetable or oil oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Orange Glaze Ingredients
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Fanta Orange Soda Pop
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl combine eggs, Orange Fanta Soda Pop, oil and almond extract.
- Mix well
- Pour liquid mixture over dry flour mixture and mix until flour mixture is just moistened. It's important to not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt or loaf pans and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Invert cake or loaves onto cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Once cooled top with Orange Glaze
- Directions For Orange Glaze
- In medium sized bowl combine and ingredients and mix until blended. Pour over cooled cake or bread loaves.
Fanta & Dasani On Social Media
Since the family all loves Fanta so much I do my best to keep up with everything Fanta by following them on their social media channels. It’s a great way to receive money saving coupons (who doesn’t love those!), find new recipes and check out new products and features of existing products. You can stay up to date with everything Fanta by following the links below.
Just because the cake has been made doesn’t mean the fun is over. Local select Walmarts will be hosting a fun in store demo featuring Fanta, Wheat Thins and Halloween Oreos. Mark your calendar to attend on of these events October 24 – 26th. Call ahead to your local Walmart to see about participation dates & times.