Perfectly Pure Carries A Large Selection Of All Natural Products
A couple months ago one of our crafts at MOPS was to make homemade skin care products and I found out a super simple recipe that I am in love with. It’s a homemade salt scrub and it really can’t get much easier. I have looked up several recipes before and I know they are all so simple but I didn’t feel compelled to do anything until I made my first batch laughing my tail off with a group of ladies. Everything is just better in groups right?
Now that I have a taste of making my own supplies I must say I am slightly addicted. As a matter of fact I came home and ordered a huge box of supplies to make my own lotions and several bottles of grapefruit and lemon essential oils to make some scrubs and lotions in my favorite scents. Citrus scents are my favorite and grapefruit is supposed to be rejuvenating and a great scent to get your morning started with. With the crazy holiday months looming over me I can use any morning jump start I can find. Not only does my skin smell amazing with a daily grapefruit scrub but it feels MARVELOUS.
On my search to find products to make my new favorite lotions, foot creams and scrubs I came across Perfectly Pure and their aromatherapy products. Perfectly Pure offers my three favorite scents: orange, lemon and grapefruit. Plus Perfectly Pure offers shea butter and coconut oil. All the ingredients needed for my new foot cream that I have gotten in the habit of using nightly. Used nightly after my homemade salt scrub and I am good to go. Some prefer a sugar scrub which is fine you can swap out sugar for salt and your good to go. Sugar scrubs are generally saved for softer skin because of it’s smaller granules but because I am cheap I use table salt and their granules are about the same size. Keep in mind though I do tend to shave first and then use the scrub and yes you can tell every nick.
The Perfectly Pure Promise
The Perfectly Pure line of personal care products helps bring your natural beauty to the surface, and allows it to blossom and flourish. At Perfectly Pure®, we believe that what a product is made without is just as important as what it’s made with. That’s why all of our products are formulated without the use of parabens, SLS and artificial colors. Our products are never tested on animals – and that’s a promise.
Homemade Scrub Recipe
1 cup salt or sugar
1/2 cup light olive oil, massage oil or a carrier oil (my favorite is sweet almond oil)
10-15 drops of pure essential oil
Combine all ingredients and store in a waterproof container.
Mine is stored in a ziploc container on a shelf in the shower. As I use it every time I shower I wanted something that is easy to open and close with wet hands and wouldn’t break into thousands of pieces if I drop it as your hands will be wet and oily, not a great combination for handling slick glass.
Perfectly Pure Skin Care Tips
Your skin is a miracle of nature, and it deserves care that’s equally miraculous. Here are some tips on how to achieve complexion perfection!
1. Protect your skin with sunscreen, every single day. A simple way to do this is with a daily moisturizer that features an SPF of 15 or higher.
2. Drink plenty of water. Water works as a natural moisturizer to hydrate your skin, so bottoms up! Shoot for eight glasses a day, and more if you exercise regularly.
3. Eat right. Ever hear the expression “you are what you eat”? Eating a well-balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to equip your body with water, and promote the health of your skin.
4. Don’t touch! Many of us frequently touch our faces throughout the day without even realizing it. Keeping your hands off your face can help keep your complexion clear. As tempting as it may be, don’t poke at those pesky blemishes! You’ll only end up with a scar for your efforts.
5. Sleep tight. They call it “beauty rest” for a reason, you know! Nothing will help your skin look as radiant as a full night of sound, quality sleep.