Mashed Potato Cupcakes
As a potato farmer’s wife you can imagine the amount of potatoes that are at my disposable. With potatoes at the ready at all times you can imagine that they are a staple in our diets.
One thing that I always make a double if not triple serving of is the mashed potatoes. Leftover mashed potatoes are so versatile and easy to incorporate in a multitude of recipes, including these Potato Cupcakes and Brownies. Yes I said mashed potato brownies, I encourage you to them check out.
Not only can you brown leftover mashed potatoes in a skillet in place of hashbrowns, they make amazing cupcakes. These are asked for time and again in our house. They give the usual mashed potatoes a different taste as they are filled with cheese and chives, and what kid doesn’t love a cupcake? I might be on to something on that front, wonder if I could make some broccoli cupcakes and pull it off?
- 3 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (heaping cup)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9 of the wells of a nonstick muffin pan. I prefer butter keeping with the theme of mashed potatoes.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs.
- Mix in the sour cream.
- Stir in both cheeses and the chives.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spoon them into the pan filling the cups full but not overflowing.
- Bake 25- 35 minutes until the cupcakes are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Serve with sour cream and extra cheese if desired.