1 3/4 cups Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® butter recipe yellow cake mix (from 18.25-oz box)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Filling and Topping
8 oz white chocolate baking bars or squares, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, softened
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 cups fresh whole strawberries, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously spray bottom and side of 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/4 cup butter, the almond extract and egg with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch rounds. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, place white chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in medium metal bowl. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat just to boiling. Immediately, pour hot cream over white chocolate and butter. Let stand about 5 minutes, or until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Cool 1 hour or until room temperature.
5. Beat cooled white chocolate mixture on high speed until fluffy.
6. Cut cake horizontally in half, using long, sharp knife. On serving plate, place 1 layer, cut side up. Spread with 1/2 of the filling; top with 1/2 of the strawberries. Add remaining cake layer, cut side down. Spread remaining filling over top of cake; top with remaining strawberries. Store covered in refrigerator.
**For this recipe and more please visit Betty Crocker**