White Chicken Spaghetti Bake
This recipe for White Chicken Spaghetti Bake will make two 9×13 pans. Serve one for dinner and freeze the other one or give one to a new mom.
The Cast Of White Chicken Spaghetti Bake
1 cup finely diced onion
1/2 a bell pepper finely diced (red, green or yellow)
2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
4 cups shredded cheese
2 10 3/4 oz cream of soup (chicken, mushroom, celery all work wonderful)
16 oz spaghetti (cooked al dente)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon olive oil for sauteing
Directions For White Chicken Spaghetti Bake
1. If you will be baking one pan now you will need to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. If not skip this step.
2. Heat boiling water to start pasta. Remember you will only cook your spaghetti till al dente because you are baking it as well.
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and bell pepper. Saute for five minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and heat through. I add my salt, pepper and garlic powder at this step because it makes it easier to mix.
4. Drain your al dente spaghetti noodles and in a large pan or bowl combine cooked spaghetti, cream soups, 2 cups shredded cheese and chicken mixture. I hope you had a big bowl. Mix well.
5. Separate mixture into two 9×13 pans.
6. Spread 1 cup remaining cheese over each pan.
7. At this point you will either bake one pan covered for 35-45 minutes and then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted in your pre-heated oven. **Or you will cover both pans with aluminum foil and save for later.
**If I am saving these for myself I put the spaghetti mixture in ziploc bags and then put thawed mixture into a 9×13 baking pan when I am ready to use the meal for dinner. If you do this than you will want to skip step 6 until your ready to use.
What is your favorite freezer meal to give to a new mom? Families favorite freezer meal?
Pingback: 15 Delicious and Filling Pasta Recipes on April 21, 2014