Tip Tuesday: Helping Little Ones Dye Easter Eggs

How to dye eggs and keep kids clean

Welcome to Tip Tuesday!  Where I plan on sharing a new tip with you each week.  Something that will save a little time and generally is done on the cheap!

Valentine’s Day is over and that means we are moving onto Easter.  It won’t be long and Easter will be upon us.  What comes with Easter?  Dying off eggs.  Really this is of course my favorite part of this holiday.  Who is ready to dye Easter eggs?  Kaiden Doing Eggs With Whisk wm

While the dying of the Easter Eggs may be my favorite part (outside of the family time) it does tend to stress me out a lot from the mess.  I mean I want to be that mom that just doesn’t care but I do care.  A LOT!

My best friend has 4 boys, very rambunctious boys and she let me in on this little tip of how she dyes Easter eggs with her younger boys.  She uses a whisk so the little ones can actually hold onto the egg.  Brilliant right?

April's Easter Eggs

The egg will slide into the whisk easily and it doesn’t slide out without a little effort.  The handle is big enough that they actually have something to hold onto and it all fits perfectly into a coffee cup.  The whisk prevents the guaranteed “hand crush” you get with the little kids dropping the egg into the coffee cup or the crush it receives as it’s getting pulled out of the coffee cup.

How do you keep the mess of dying Easter eggs contained?  Does the mess not bother you?

Looking for more tips to make life easier?  Tuesday Tips is a great place to find them and my Top Five often contains a couple.

Comments

Emily says:

Your eggs turned out beautifully! I love the whisk idea, so smart!

Cecile says:

I love the whisk idea. This is good fro big kids too!

Darcy says:

I was just thinking that this might work.. after I let my daughter just use her hands last weekend! She kept wanting to smash the eggs against the table Oy!

lena says:

I have never done it and something tells me that I will be the first one to get messy – LOL

Lena-
      I love dying Easter eggs and I am the first one to get messy. I love to just dive right in. Once I started dying Easter eggs with the kids but I don’t love the fact that they crush the egg in half getting into the dye. I hope you give it a try!

Awesome idea! I remember when I was little, the dye was everywhere…of course I thought that was part of the fun :)

Stacey-
      I do think it is part of the fun. Growing up we would go to my grandma’s and dye Easter eggs with everyone. With up to 20 dozen eggs getting dyed at once it was guaranteed to get a bit messy.

Angela says:

I never heard of using a whisk before. Such a clever idea!

Angela-
      I love how it helps keep the eggs in tact so the eggs can actually be eaten afterwords. Have a wonderful Easter!

Trackbacks

1. […] didn’t dye Easter eggs until Saturday and watching Coulter play with the whisks I have them dye Easter eggs with was just to cute not to share.  While Coulter wasn’t quite awake yet he still had a […]

2. […] Use a whisk to help little ones get the eggs in and out. (Thanks to Brandy for that tip!) […]