This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions and text are entirely my own.
I like a lot of flavor and texture in my recipes, it keeps dinner interesting and appealing for the whole family. While shopping at Walmart I know I can always grab a variety of items to create an easy and delicious meal. Today Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken, Tortilla Land® Flour Tortillas, and Wish-Bone® Italian dressing are the main ingredients in my shopping cart. I threw in a few more things and I was on my way home to whip up a fast meal that came out tasting fabulous! #SummerGoodness on the table!
Southwest Chicken Bowl
- 4 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas
- ¼ cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 2 cups Tyson® Grilled&Ready® Diced Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Brush both sides of your tortillas lightly with my Italian dressing and press the tortillas into the tortilla bowls.
- Bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes.
- ***If you don't have metal tortilla bowls you can still create them by using a small oven safe glass bowl turned over with a tortilla on top or cut the tortillas into small circles using a glass and press them into muffin tins for mini bowls!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while mixing the filling.
- Combining Tyson Grilled & Ready Cubed chicken, corn, black beans, and tomato in a large bowl and mix evenly.
- Pour Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over mixture and give it another stir or three.
- Spoon mixture evenly into your four tortilla bowls.
First I started with these TortillaLand® FlourTortillas with no preservatives and made with just 5 ingredients, you will find them in the refrigerated section because they are FRESH and uncooked. Do you ever try to make things with premade tortillas and they fall apart? Yep, me too. That didn’t happen with these at all. I brushed both sides of my tortillas lightly with my Italian dressing and pressed the tortillas into the tortilla bowls, baking at 400 for 5-7 minutes. If you don’t have metal tortilla bowls you can still create them by using a small oven safe glass bowl turned over with a tortilla on top or cut the tortillas into small circles using a glass and press them into muffin tins for mini bowls!
While I let them cool I mixed up the filling, combining protein packed and convenient Tyson Grilled&Ready Cubed chicken, corn, black beans, and tomato in a large bowl to mix evenly.
Pour the tangy and flavorful Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing that is high fructose corn syrup free over mixture and give it another stir or three. The flavors are so bold and complex that it requires no other seasoning. How is that for quick and easy?
Divide up your filling up among the four tortilla bowls and serve! You can top with sour cream, shredded cheese, or fresh diced cilantro if you like.
Since it’s summer I kept all my ingredients cool and light but you could also heat up the filling to serve it in the tortilla shell as well.