As I mentioned last week with my Apple Cinnamon Apples, fall is in the air and I couldn’t be happier. The crisp mornings are revitalizing to me and the smells this time of year are over powering. Apple & pumpkin recipes can be found every where you look and this is yet more amazing thing about Fall. Every Fall I start the hunt for new recipes to make with the abundance of apples and pumpkin and this year I remembered a post that I had seen circulating last year for Apple Pie Enchiladas.
I couldn’t remember exactly what was in them other than some cinnamon apples and what appears to be an amazing brown sugar and cinnamon sauce. Umm give me a double!
This fall you don’t have to worry about hunting for new apple recipes to bake because you have just found it with these Apple Pie Enchiladas. Don’t walk, run to the cupboard to get the ingredients for these amazing Apple Pie Enchiladas as you don’t want to miss out on this treat for the whole family. This is an easy to make recipe that the kids and husband can help you with. You want to know why else I love this recipe? It doesn’t require a ton of ingredients! While your Apple Pie Enchiladas are baking you can whip up a batch of homemade whip cream to add to the top of your warm decadent treat.
Apple Pie Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 batch of Cinnamon Apples or one large can of apple pie filling
- 6-8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Find my cinnamon apple recipe at https://farmerswiferambles.com/2014/09/cinnamon-apple-recipe/
- Spoon cinnamon apples evenly down center of each tortilla (mine were filled with a heaping 1/4 cup mixture). Roll up, and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bring butter and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Pour over enchiladas; let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Top warm Apple Pie Enchiladas with whipped cream topping or ice cream.