Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Drizzles
I don’t know about you but I love those ritz cracker sandwiches that are covered in chocolate but heaven knows I am a horrible dipper. I can’t dip a thing weather it’s cake pops, ritz crackers or strawberries. If practice makes perfect than I should be a saint because my lack of dipping doesn’t keep me from trying. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t look for easier ways to get that yummy goodness. Hence we have Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Drizzles.
These little morsels are pretty much bite size, look cute and can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes with 10 minutes of set time in the refrigerator. I know not the most original little treats but I think this way is more fun (because I can actually do it), the boys can help drizzle and they always seem to be a hit at snack time. I give measurements in the recipe because I know some will be looking for them but I truly just kind of eyeball things depending on my mood. We like peanut butter quite a bit in our house, or maybe I should say I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter so the 1/3 cup is pretty heavy. If you just want a hint of peanut butter you could go with 1/4 cup.
To make the drizzling process easier I melt the chocolate and peanut butter in my glass measuring cups and then I am ready to go. It beats having to transfer to another dish and as my kids will be eating them I don’t need them to look gorgeously drizzled with a fork on each cracker. Like every other mom I am busy and unless I am hoping to impress the fast way is what happens in my house.
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon crisco or coconut oil
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This just makes for easy clean-up because the drizzle tends to get every where.
- Layer Ritz crackers out on cookie sheet making sure none of them are overlapping.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and melt in your microwave on high for 45 - 60 seconds. Stir well to make sure your chocolate is smooth with no lumps. I do this in my measuring cup so that it drizzles easy. Also, my microwave is slow so it takes about 90 seconds.
- Drizzle chocolate across Ritz crackers.
- Melt peanut butter on high for 30 seconds. Stir well to make sure your peanut butter is smooth with no lumps. I also do this in my glass measuring cup so that it drizzles well.
- Drizzle peanut butter across Ritz crackers.
- Place your cookie sheet of drizzled Ritz crackers into the fridge and allow to set up for 10 minutes before serving.