Earlier I talked about how to organize a freezer meal swap group, and a few factors you need to take into account. Today we are going to discuss some meals that work well for freezer swap meals. These meals have all been tried and passed the test.
Just because a meal tastes amazing the first time, doesn’t mean that it actually freezes and re-heats well. Perhaps your noodles get mushy because the meal has to much liquid once it thaws, or maybe your chicken is dry because you don’t have enough sauce to compensate for the re-heating process.
I have a few recipes that don’t reheat well because of the extra liquid from the frost of being frozen ruins them. This is not something you want to have happen when sending on to other households.
15 Freezer Meals For Busy Households
- White Chicken Spaghetti Bake – Make 2 and enjoy one for dinner tonight and one for later. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake for dinner.
- Stromboli – Freeze before baking. Thaw the night before and bake according to directions.
- BBQ Meatloaf
- Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin – Combine all ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze. Pull out of the freezer the night and place in the fridge the night before. This will allow your meat to marinate and bake as directed.
- Homemade Meatballs
- Swiss Steak – Stop at direction number 4 and freeze. Pull out of the freezer the night before and place in the fridge to thaw. Adjust cooking time as needed but I generally need 2 2.5 hours to cook thoroughly depending on how thawed this is from the night before (which means I didn’t pull it out till the morning of).
- Beef Stroganoff – Can be heated up in the microwave or reheated in the oven.
- Spicy Sausage Balls
- Game Day Chili -Have recipients warm this meal on the stovetop with a little extra water or in the crockpot. I love using this meal to swap with because I can make a huge pot at once in my canner and have enough for the whole swap. Recipients can use this over hotdogs, potatoes or it makes an amazing delicious meal on a cold winter day. Send along a bag of shredded cheese and crackers and the fixings are complete as well.
- Pico De Gallo Chicken Soup
- Pumpkin Waffles with Oats
- French Onion Soup
- Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits – freeze unbaked and add a couple of extra minutes to your baking time.
- Homemade Pound Cake – always a good idea to keep one of these on in hand in the freezer. They thaw quickly when you’re in a rush for dessert.
- Cream Of Mushroom Soup