Are you looking for something fantastic to make the family? Cotton Candy Cupcakes not only sound delicious but are! Imagine creating cupcakes out of something as sweet as cotton candy. Of course, one of my favorite parts about this recipe is that it’s so easy. I don’t have to slave over a hot oven for hours, just to please my family with something sweet. This recipe includes two of my favorite things about cooking: short & sweet. Cotton Candy has been a traditional favorite of fairs, carnivals and circuses since 1897 when 2 candy makers made the cotton candy (originally known as fairy floss) machine in Tennessee. Since then Cotton Candy quickly became a hit and can now be found as a flavor in many of our favorite treats. Think bubble gum, ice cream, snow cones, lollipops and now these awesome Cotton Candy Cupcakes. With the ease of using a Duncan Hines Creations mix I can have these pretty Cotton Candy Cupcakes whipped up in no time. The hardest part is truly waiting for them to cool off so that I can ice them. These Cotton Candy Cupcakes are the perfect treat for any birthday party, bridal shower or now that school is in session they work great for school parties as well!
Cotton Candy Cupcakes Tutorial
- White cake box mix
- Cotton Candy
- Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter kit
- Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cotton Candy Flavoring
- Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your cake mix as directed on the box
- Separate into two bowls
- Put two drops red food coloring into one bowl to create pink
- -Put 3 drops blue food coloring into the other bowl to create a light bowl
- Start with pink or blue, it doesn't matter and put one spoonful into each cupcake liner
- Switch to your other color and layer it on top of the first color, it does NOT need to cover the first color completely allow it to just spread however it wants to
- Continue layering back and forth until no more batter remains
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- Add your Duncan Hines cotton candy flavoring packet to your frosting and mix
- Frost cupcakes when completely cooled
- Garnish with a piece of cotton candy on top
Looking For Another Cupcake Recipe?
Mashed Potato Cupcakes make for a fun dinner cupcake recipe.
Have you ever used the Duncan Hines Creations mixes before? What occasion could you see yourself using these Cotton Candy Cupcakes for?