Saw this exchange on another blog and it looked fun. Enjoy and hope others get some good uses out of this!
1) Make a new blog post titled “Recipe Exchange” and post a recipe you love on your blog. (Include instructions for others to play along.)
2) Post the link to your recipe(s) in my little McLinky below.
3) Check back often to see the links others have posted to their recipes.
4) Click on their links to get even MORE links.
5) Start cooking! And be sure to report back to me (oh, and them) if you liked what you made.
Cranberry Upside Down Cake
Yummy is all I can say! I found this recipe in a cookbook from the 70’s and I am glad. It will be going in my holiday baking recipe file for sure.
2 Tablespoons Melted Crisco
2/3 c. sugar
dissolve these two together and then pat into the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan.
Sprinkle 2 cups chopped cranberries over the top of the crisco mixture
Sprinkle 1/3 c. sugar over the top of the cranberries.
I had to double the above ingredients because my cake mix was going to make a 9 x 13 cake. Keep that in mind if you don’t want to make your own cake mix. The original recipe had a recipe for it’s own cake mix but I have a bunch of old white ones to use up from a wedding cake I had made.
Cover with a white cake mix cake or your own recipe. Bake at 350 degrees until cake is done.
Invert out onto serving dish. I had expected it to be a bit runnier with juices but it tasted wonderful all the same!