I attended a dinner last week and had Eggplant Parmesan for the first time in my life. Can I say that I am in love! How did I not know about this all my life? So… much to my husbands dismay I will be trying my hand at making my own. Big C will hate this for sure! Hope this recipe is as good as the one I had last week. Enjoy to all and hope we can incorporate this vegetarian meal into our lives. Thanks to Allrecipes.com for this weeks recipe.
Eggplant Parmesan II
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.