If you’re saving your pumpkin pie spice just for the pumpkin pie, you are missing out! There are so many sweet AND savory ways to add pumpkin pie spice to your cooking. Try a few of these, and you’ll find yourself adding it to things you never thought you would!
10 Pumpkin Pie Spice Uses
1. Sprinkle it on the hot beverage of your choice – coffee, hot chocolate, or a mocha latte.
2. Use it to season roasted vegetables like butternut squash, sweet potatoes, or carrots.
3. Sprinkle it on toast.
4. Dust it on pancakes instead of maple syrup
5.Roll sugar cookies or snickerdoodles cookie dough in it before baking
6. Mix it into your homemade whipped cream — or hey, just mix it in with your Cool-Whip.
7. Coat your buttered popcorn with Pumpkin Pie Spice
8. Mix it in with vanilla yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast
9. Add it to chilli — yes, really! It will impart a smoky richness; no one will be able to guess the delicious secret ingredient
10. Add it to muffins and quickbreads! Banana, apple, or pumpkin bread would all taste fantastic with a teaspoon or two of pumpkin pie spice.
What is in homemade pumpkin pie spice?
My favorite recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice contains just 5 simple ingredients!
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Ground Cloves
Enjoy My Favorite Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
If you enjoyed this homemade pumpkin pie spice mix as much as I do please don’t hesitate to leave a 5-star review!
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a spare spice shaker or sealed Tupperware.