10 Pumpkin Pie Spice Uses + Recipe
If you’re saving your pumpkin pie spice just for the pie, you are missing out! There are so many sweet AND savory ways to add pumpkin pie spice to your cooking. Try a few of these, and you’ll find yourself adding it to things you never thought you would!
1. Sprinkle it on the hot beverage of your choice – coffee, hot chocolate, or a mocha latte.
2. Use it to season roasted vegetables like butternut squash, sweet potatoes, or carrots.
3. Sprinkle it on toast.
4. Dust it on pancakes instead of maple syrup
5.Roll sugar cookies or snickerdoodles cookie dough in it before baking
6. Mix it into your homemade whipped cream — or hey, just mix it in with your Cool-Whip.
7. Coat your buttered popcorn with Pumpkin Pie Spice
8. Mix it in with vanilla yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast
9. Add it to chili — yes, really! It will impart a smoky richness; no one will be able to guess the delicious secret ingredient
10. Add it to muffins and quickbreads! Banana, apple, or pumpkin breads would all taste fantastic with a teaspoon or two of pumpkin pie spice.
Here is my favorite recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a spare spice shaker or sealed Tupperware.
What is your favorite way to use Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pingback: Top 10 Uses for Pumpkin Pie Spice | on November 18, 2013
Pingback: 10 Uses for Pumpkin Pie Spice - The Real Frugal Divas on November 18, 2013