**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Safe-Nails. I was provided a sample to review to facilitate this review but that however did not influence my thoughts.**
I recently had the opportunity to try Safe-Nails Children’s Nail Polish. I decided to make it a Mani-Pedi Party with my girls. Since we did our nails on the 3rd of July, I let the girls give me a “French Manicure” but using the Red and Blue nail polish pens. Very Cute, what do you think?
So, what is Safe-Nails?
The world’s first 100% European made water soluble nail polish that is easily washable and made especially for little glamour girls — with no harmful chemicals or toxic substances. Now families can rest easy that dress-up and imaginative play stay safe, simple and sustainable.
Time for little ladies to emulate mummy and explore exciting cosmetics with the world’s safest nail polish. SNAILS Kids range will delight imaginations with 12 vibrant colours, each with a glorious high quality gloss and deliciously gentle fragrance. But the beauty of our custom-formulated children’s nail polish extends beyond skin deep.
Despite the name, Snail Kids products are also popular among women who prefer a washable nail polish that doesn’t contain toxic chemicals.
You can buy SNAILS with absolute confidence because every polish is 100% European made. This means we satisfy the world’s strictest cosmetics laws. Our children’s nail polish is lovingly made using our revolutionary three–ingredient formula. With SNAILS Kids nail polish there are no harsh harmful chemicals, so there’s no risk. Just genuinely natural nail polish that is safe for girls of all ages to enjoy.
• Revolutionary formula: SNAILS Kids is made of three safe, simple, main ingredients: water, acrylic polymer and non–toxic colorants.
• Biodegradable: all SNAILS Kids nail polishes are packaged in recyclable bottles and boxes
• Eco friendly: we never test on animals and our products carry enhanced green credibility.
• Completely soluble: no harsh solvent–based remover needed. Simple soap and water effortlessly remove SNAILS Kids nail polish.
• Hypoallergenic: SNAILS nail polish for children is purely chemical and toxin free. So little nails are kept safe, sound and splendidly coloured.
So, what are my thoughts on Safe-Nails?
Well, I would love to give it an amazing review, after all, we had fun with it, but I can’t. Here are the pros and cons (well, only one Con really):
- Fun to explore alternate colors (since you can change the color just by washing your hands)
- Doesn’t require the use of nail polish remover
- Kids can use the product by themselves, since whatever they spill or drip can be easily cleaned with just a damp washcloth.
- Washable (seems counter-intuitive, but the fact that it washes off so easily means that the colors don’t last thru a hand washing.) Since my girls wash their hands several times a day, the polish was gone within a couple hours. I didn’t get a sample of their “Breathe Easy” Top Coat, but I read that this will help the color last longer.
Even though the color didn’t last, we had a lot of fun playing with the polish. I also loved that I didn’t have to be so up-tight about if they spilled. We had fun with every one of the products. This may not be something we use all the time, but I can definitely see it coming out at sleepovers and play-dates. So, if you think of it more as an arts and crafts type item, something to keep the children’s attention for a while, then it is an amazing product.
Where can you buy Safe-Nails? You can find them at Safe-Nails.com. Each polish costs around 8 Euro.