Mornings can be so busy! It’s hard to think of something quick, yummy, and healthy! That is why breakfast muffins are my go-t0 for busy mornings. It’s important that my kids eat breakfast and it’s easy to shove some cereal in their mouths, but I’ve discovered if I make these in advanced they are just as easy as cereal! I hope you enjoy these Make Ahead Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Muffins just as much as we do!
Make Ahead Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
- 4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 400.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
- 3. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the cups about 3⁄4 of the way full with the hash browns. Press with your fingers to mold the hash browns to the cups all the way to the top. Try to make the sides the same thickness all the way around for even cooking. Make sure there are hash browns on the bottom of the cup.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
- 5. Reduce oven to 350 ̊.
- 6. Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups. Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.
- 7. Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
- 8. Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
- 9. Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.
- 10. To freeze: Let cool for two hours, then place muffins in a ziploc gallon bag until you're ready to enjoy. Microwave for a few minutes before serving for breakfast.
How do you survive rushed mornings and still get breakfast served? What is your favorite quick breakfast food?
Looking for more breakfast muffin recipes? Try these family favorites.