We have been eating bananas like crazy in our house lately. I have been making Tortilla Rolls With Peanut Butter and Sliced Bananas for the kids a lot during snack time and breakfast and Cory asks for them everyday in his lunch right now for harvest. Bananas make a great snack in our house but variety is the spice of life right?
These Honey Cinnamon Glazed Bananas are a delicious treat and are mixing up our banana snacks lately. They put a spin on eating just plain bananas. Not only are they super easy to make but they are also very time efficient and aren’t that horrendous for you! So let’s get started on how to make them!
Money Spent: $0.39 (talk about cheap)! I had everything on hand except bananas. So I just bought two bananas and it came out to that price!
The Cast Of Honey Cinnamon Glazed Bananas
-1-2 Medium sized bananas
-1 tablespoon of honey
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon of natural cooking oil or ½ tablespoon of butter
-1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
Directions For Honey Cinnamon Glazed Bananas
1. First peel and slice your bananas. You don’t want your slices to be too thin or too thick. If they are too thin they will cook too fast and burn, if they are too thick they will take a really long time to cook!
2. Mix together your honey and vanilla extract in a small bowl and put to the side.
3. Now, turn on a skillet on the stove to medium heat and put either your oil or butter in the pan. I chose to use butter because I think it just adds a bit more flavor to your bananas than the oil does. Allow the butter to completely melt and spread throughout the pan.
4. Put your banana slices in the pan in a single layer, don’t stack them or they won’t cook properly. Allow them to cook for about 2 minutes and then flip them over
5. They should be browned when you flip them. Now that you are cooking the other side you want to let them cook a bit but not quite as long as the first side.
6. Pour your honey mixture into the pan with the bananas. Allow them to cook for about two more minutes and then remove them from the heat and put them in a bowl.
7. Sprinkle your cinnamon over the bananas. Enjoy!
Phew see how easy that was? I told they are super simple and so delicious! So not only simple but they are a great snack for you and the kids to share! I hope you all enjoy and start making those bananas!
What is your favorite after school snack? What are your kids favorite ways to have bananas fixed?
Don’t forget to check for coupons for ingredients from popular printable coupon sites like Coupons.com, RedPlum & SmartSource. Printable coupons are a great way to save money on the ingredients you purchase the most!