Getting home from work and trying to get dinner on the table can be a tough challenge. Now make it something healthy and the challenge is even tougher. With the help of this easy peasey Sweet Potato Curry recipe have dinner on the table in a jiffy. I believe this would also make a great side dish to accompany a light dinner.
Sweet Potato Curry Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato
1 large can of coconut milk
2 tbsp madras curry paste
1 large sliced onion (optional)
Sweet Potato Curry Directions:
1. Take the sweet potato and peel and dice into approx 2cm cubes.
2. In the meantime, heat approximately two tablespoons of oil (your choice, vegetable, olive, walnut, etc.) in a large wok.
3. Add the potatoes and brown – gently add the curry paste; make sure to evenly coat the potatoes.
4. Add the onions and gently brown (optional)
5. Add the tin of coconut milk. Stir well.
6. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes (until the potatoes are soft)
7. Serve with rice.
This recipe can be adapted to use almost any root vegetable you have to hand. You need about 200g of vegetable to serve 2 people.
Guest posted by Nat from http://www.london-calling-blog.co.uk.