The holiday season might be over, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look forward to the next one! Over the next couple of weeks, red and pink will fill your hallways—and the department stores—as the holiday of LOVE draws near. And what might you be giving your Valentines this year?
Reminding loved ones how much they mean to you doesn’t have to cost a fortune: all you need is something yummy to fill their stomachs and their hearts. Here’s a spin on one of my favorite treats to make for special occasions and events (or to hand out just because!). This salty-sweet Valentine’s snack is so inexpensive and is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1 bag of waffle or mini pretzels
1 bag of Hershey’s Hugs candy
1 bag of candy hearts
*For a variety of V-day flair, you could also top the Hugs with heart sprinkles or red and pink M&M’s!
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay pretzels flat across sheet side by side, unwrap Hershey’s Hugs, and place one on top of each pretzel.
- Put cookie sheet in the oven for 30 seconds until Hugs are softened (but not melted).
- After pulling the treats out of the oven, push a candy heart into each softened Hug (hurry, the chocolate tends to harden quickly post-oven!).
- Allow the treats to cool, and place them in the refrigerator to set. You can pop these treats in the freezer, too, for a surprisingly cool sweet.
Enjoy! I love to place these in a decorative goody bag, tie a big red bow, and give to all!
Author Bio: When Molly isn’t baking up a frenzy in her kitchen, she works as a content writer and specializes in informational resources on reading sunglasses.
Pingback: Valentine's Day Party Round-Up on January 26, 2012