If you open my refrigerator one thing that you will always find is whipping cream. I use it for so many things including homemade whip cream, part of my morning coffee and the most AMAZING easy biscuit recipe you will ever eat.
These whip cream biscuits are the best biscuits I’ve ever had. They truly melt in your mouth! Not only do these biscuits melt in your mouth but remember I told you they were easy! By easy I mean that they only require 3 ingredients and because I don’t mess around with a biscuit cutter I only have to roll these biscuits one time. I can have a batch of these whipped up and in the oven in less than 10 minutes! That’s almost as fast as it takes to open a can of biscuits…but I promise these will be so much better.
These whipped cream biscuits use self rising flour, whipping cream and a little bit of sugar. If your looking for a variety of flavors with a biscuit you can easily substitute your favorite spices or flavor combinations instead of the sugar. A family favorite is to leave out the sugar and add in a handful of shredded cheese.
As if these biscuits can get any better but they can with the ability to freeze them! I will often make 3 or 4 batches at a time and then freeze them individually on a cookie sheet (covered in parchment paper) before cooking. Once the are frozen solid I place them all into a ziploc bag and I can grab as many as I need for dinner. To cook them from the frozen state I place them in the oven while it’s pre-heating and that “thaws” them. Bake as normal adding a couple minutes until golden brown. No mess, no fuss but always delicious!
Do you ever wonder how to get biscuits to split in half without a knife or crumbs left everywhere? When I make my biscuits I don’t want to mess with a biscuit cutter which means that in this house we eat square biscuits. I roll my biscuits into a rectangular shape instead of round and then fold it in half. Make sure the ends meet up pretty closely to each other and cut into squares. Keep your two layers together as you move your biscuits to your baking sheet and after they are baked they will have that beautiful split that means they you can split them with no mess. What a great tip right?
The Most Amazing Easy Biscuit Recipe Ever
- 2 cups self rising flour + extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 450
- Combine all ingredients and mix gently until dough is wet & sticky.
- Move dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times or until ingredients are combined.
- Roll out dough into a rectangular shape.
- Fold dough over onto it's self to make it a double layer. This gives you your split in your biscuits so that they will pull apart just like store bought.
- I cut my biscuits in squares so that I don't have waste or the need to roll out my dough again. Either way this is the time to cut your biscuits whether you cut them with a pizza cutter or knife into squares about 2 inches by 2 inches or you like your biscuits round with a biscuit cutter (dipped in flour to prevent sticking).
- Bake biscuits on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush with butter if desired.