Pink Lemonade Cupcake Recipe With Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
With the start of summer and weekend parties happening I have been craving some summer flavored cupcakes. Lemonade truly kicks off the summer feeling in our house. Sipping a cool glass of lemonade out on the porch while watching the boys run through the sprinkler or play on the swings just screams summer to me. It brings a total feel of relaxation knowing the stress of school is out and the crops are all in the ground.
I wanted to kick this summer off correctly so I whipped up this fun batch of cupcakes that have a light summer flavor. Pink lemonade is my favorite lemonade and of course it needed paired with cupcakes. Below is my favorite cupcake recipe and I subbed out the liquid for pink lemonade concentrate. By doing this I have a very versatile cupcake recipe. I picked Pink Lemonade because it’s my favorite but you could certainly go for the classic lemonade and you won’t be disappointed. Although the pink lemonade did give me this beautiful pink coloring.
Not only do these Pink Lemonade Cupcakes scream summer to me they would be a perfect addition for a Bridal Shower or Baby Shower party. You know these delectable treats will be eaten up with smiles!
One thing that I want to take note of about these cupcakes is they freeze amazing. I often will make these cupcakes and freeze half of them iced in a tupperware container. When I am looking for a dessert but don’t want o put any effort into it I can grab a couple of these from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for a couple hours or most of the day in the fridge. This also makes sure that I don’t eat all of them in one sitting.
- 12 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 can pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 small box lemon jello powder (I wanted the extra punch of lemon but this is optional)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda**
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter room temperature
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar until well mixed. Add in eggs one at a time. I can't stress enough to beat well after each egg addition. I do this with my kitchen aid mixer and beat for 45 -60 seconds after each egg.
- Add concentrate mixture to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well. Repeat this step two more times.
- Fill muffin cups or cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake in pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- **I am at a high altitude so for some this may seem like a lot of baking soda. If your on sea level I recommend trying 1 table spoon plus 1 teaspoon of baking soda and I hope this provides enough "fluff" for you.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, water and lemon extract in medium-large bowl. Add powdered sugar in 3 increments and mix well. Add lemon zest.
Do you prefer the classic lemonade flavor or the fruity pink lemonade flavor?
Looking for more delicious cupcake recipes and printables?