This tortellini soup is the perfect weeknight soup! It’s creamy and comforting and a total crowd favorite. Best of all? It’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
There’s something about this season that makes us crave all the soups, they are comforting and warm and honestly there’s nothing more soothing than holding a steamy bowl of homemade soup.
I personally love soups that are creamy and thick and that are a full meal on their own. This tortellini soup is just like that. It’s incredibly flavorful, extremely velvety and creamy and honestly it’s the type of soup you could serve to guests that come over for dinner or make at a busy weeknight. What I’m trying to say is that this soup is restaurant quality delicious but also super easy to make.
Why this tortellini soup is the best?
- First of all it has ALL the Italian flavors. Seriously, this is not a boring soup at all. It’s interesting it has depths of flavors and it’s so so good everyone will want to go for seconds
- It’s almost like if your favorite pasta dish had a child with your favorite soup. This is creamy and velvety and so perfect!
- It’s super easy to make and that’s always a huge plus! I mean this is so quick to make it would take longer to get takeout. This peasant soup is high on my list for that same reason
Can I add some meat to the tortellini soup?
Yes! You can totally add whatever meat cut you prefer. This is delicious with Italian sausage, ground beef, ground turkey, chicken. I mean, whatever you prefer it¡s amazing. Or if you are like us you can leave it meat free because this is totally delicious as is.
Can I freezer pasta soups?
Not really, pasta based dishes and really creamy dishes usually don’t freeze well. And this soup is so quick to make it’s not like you’ll save a lot of time prepping it beforehand.
This is the perfect weeknight soup! It’s creamy and comforting and a total crowd favorite. Best of all? It’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tsp paprika
- ½ Tsp oregano
- ¼ Tsp thyme
- 3 Cups stock
- 9 oz tortellini
- ⅔ Cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until transparent and fragrant, around 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
2. Incorporate crushed tomatoes, paprika, oregano and thyme. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add tortellini and cook for 10 more minutes or until done. Remove from fire and stir in the heavy cream. Rectify the salt and pepper.